Wednesday 6 February 2013

I home-school; why don't people get it? Part 2

Here is another question people ask: Is it allowed?
Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh.
Why would we do it if it wasn't? Really, why? And why would we tell people we did it if it wasn't allowed? I honestly can't believe that someone would think we'd do something like that.

And another question (I don't know whether I covered this in my other post): Does someone come to check on you to see if you're doing everything right?
The answer is: We've had someone come once, when they found out that my sister was home-schooled, because I started trying out school. But really, you can say if you don't want anyone to check on you, and they won't come. Also, you can just write to them if you want to talk about something, or meet in a coffee shop or somewhere else. Another thing: there is no definition of "Right". Different people have different methods of learning/teaching. Some people don't learn things "Normally"; they don't sit in front of a work-book writing down answers to maths questions, they might get a real time-table from a tube-station and work out the answers to questions their parents/carers/siblings/friends/cousins/whatevers give them, and then, maybe take that route to see if it works. Or maybe, they don't learn to read "At the normal age" because they don't want to/need to/other reason. Perhaps they learn things like "Route planning" or something that they're interested in, rather than have to do. You don't get taught "Route planning" in school, yet it's as necessary as maths or geography. Your teacher doesn't tell you, "Choose individually what to learn about - it can be anything you're interested in", but that is as valuable as anything else; in life, we should learn to make our own choices, not just follow other peoples decisions, and we shouldn't stop ourselves being interested in something just because we think it isn't academic enough.

There are so many other questions people ask about home-schooling, so many answers and so much writing about it to do, that I will spread it all out in future blog posts. Whenever I think of an idea to write about, to do with this topic, I'll post it on my blog.

But for now, I've got to get ready for the rest of the day (I haven't showered yet and it's nearly 1:40!!!), I have times tables to practice, drawing to do, and whatever else I choose to do today, so for now,

Byeeeeeeeeeee

Here are links to the rest of this:

Part 3
Part 1

 

No comments:

Post a Comment