Tuesday 3 January 2012

London Streetfood Bank Part 3

I took a few weeks break from delivering sandwiches to homeless people, but I've started again now.

I usually go with my mother, but recently I went with my father. He was quite good at handing out the sandwiches seeing as it was his first time. You may be wondering how one can be good at handing out sandwiches. Here's how: Firstly, you can't drop the food (That one is a bit obvious!). Secondly, you have to hand the sandwiches out to the right people because there are alot of greedy people who want all the sandwiches for themselves. There are also some people who take the free sandwiches and sell them for like four pounds each or something. Then, there are those shy people who stay at the back of the crowd. You need to make sure they get some as well. You can't avoid giving sandwiches to all the mean looking people, you just need to make sure you don't give them all to the same people. Lastly, you yourself can't be shy.

After me and my dad gave out the sandwiches, we went to a shop called Tutti Frutti to buy ourselves some frozen yoghurt. My nineteen year old cousin surprised and impressed everone by buying the Tutti Frutti franchise from the US. It was my first time going to the shop, so I was quite excited. Me and my dad used a voucher we'd been given and bought ourselves a tub of yoghurt each. There were self-service machines there where you could  choose how much of what flavour yoghurt you wanted to have. You could also choose your own toppings. There were strawberries, oreos, twix bar peices and lots more things. 


I enjoyed that trip out. Not just because of the yoghurt, though.






No comments:

Post a Comment